Pages

28 February 2011

The Beginning

I've decided to being blogging. I was very much turned on by this idea because of my class project in a Women Studies class. Also, I have noticed a huge increase in the people around me that either blog themselves or follow someone that does.

When I was thinking of this I wondered what exactly "blogging" was and why would someone do it. I turned to the dictionary for my answers. I looked up three words: blog, ponder and, life.

Blog: a website that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer.

Ponder: to weigh in the mind

Life: this word has many definitions and the one I chose is: the sequence of physical and mental experiences that make up the existence of an individual

Putting this together this is my definition of blogging: a website created by a person that is their personal journal that they wish to share with the world that contains that persons experiences throughout their time on earth.

That is what I desire this blog to be. My thoughts and experiences and how I view the world around me and the bigger picture at times. Also, my goal is to highlight an informational piece to bring awareness to something that is affecting our world directly or indirectly.

With all that being said, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment