27 December 2011

Events since September


It has been a long time since I've posted anything! This semester has by far been the busiest one since I began college in the fall of 2008. As you probably already know I took 18 hours (6 classes) and began working with Dr. Cline on a research project. The 15 weeks of school were very stressful and yet very exciting all at once. I learned many valuable things for when I enter the classroom and to never, ever, ever take 6 classes again. However, it was very rewarding on December 20th when final grades were available. For the semester I had a 3.7 GPA ( 5 A's and 1 B) which brought my overall GPA up to a 2.922!

I did not have time for many other things. Although I was able to have a very enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend with my husband. This was extra special for the both of us because we were unable to spend time together due to all the studying and class projects I had to complete. It was a different Thanksgiving. Nathan and I did not go anywhere or see anyone with the exception of my family through a video conference. That was pretty interesting but it was fun to see/talk to them all.

When the semester was finally over Nathan and I prepared to go on a mini-vacation with my family to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. If you have never been you should go. It was a neat small little town with many interesting shops and a beautiful historic hotel, The Crescent Hotel, which we stayed at. We also visited the Christ of the Ozarks which was a lot of fun to see up close and read the history behind why it was built. The purpose of this mini-vacation was twofold. We primarily went to celebrate my parents 30th anniversary!! My sister and I made a beautiful afghan with their wedding colors for their gift. Also, my father had arranged for us to have family photos taken. I'm excited to see how they turned out. Secondly, we celebrated our families Christmas together on the last day of the trip. The last bonus to the trip was being able to see my grandfather's. It was nice spending some time with them since they live 8 hours away and is difficult to visit.

When we returned home we were able to spend a couple of days lounging around. Christmas Eve we spent the early afternoon with his mother's family at his sister Katrina's home. It was good seeing all of them again because I had not had a chance to spend any time with them since school began. However, Christmas Eve morning I was sick and not feeling good all throughout the day, therefore, we missed going to the Christmas Eve service at our church, which is sad because it is such a beautiful and uplifting service that puts you in the perfect mood for Christmas day. On Christmas day we traveled up to Mountain City to spend time with his dad's family. I was able to see their new home which is located perfectly in the mountains. It was very enjoyable spending time with them all.

Since Christmas we have spent time at home lounging around and doing small house work projects. I have also begun to cross stitch again. I'm very excited about this as I have not found a crochet project that excites me yet.

I have many photos to share and will post them all at a later time(very soon) as I still do not have some of them on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment